When crossing the Montsec mountain range, the Noguera Ribagorçana river has created an immense cut of vertical walls, the Mont-rebei gorge, which opens to the south in an amphitheatre of impressive cliffs.ALL THE SPACES IN THE NETWORK
The task of the Foundation
The natural space was acquired by the Foundation in order to preserve its natural and landscape values.
Work has been done to find out in depth about the natural values of the property and a management plan has been elaborated that includes all the aspects that must be developed in the short and medium term.
Adaptation and maintenance of the space for public use
- Opening of the information centre La Masieta.
- Consolidation of the rubble and arrangement of dry stone margins in La Masieta.
- Signposting of itineraries.
- Enabling the leisure and parking area.
- Improved safety conditions for the gorge route, with the installation of a handrail and eight viewpoints-railings in the most risky panoramic points for visitors.
- Recovery and restoration of the old road from the Obaga to the viewpoint of Altimiris, as well as the road from the Obaga Gran to Alsamora.
- Collaborations in the different archaeological expeditions of the village of Lastiris, Colomera cave, Mut cave..., with the Catalan universities.
Declaration of Wildlife Refuge.
Drafting of a technical plan for forest management and improvement.
Meadows and pastures:
Development of a set of measures to promote meadows and pastures.